Any smartphone can be lost, damaged, or stolen. That’s why backing up your phone is always recommended.
Don’t worry, it’s fairly easy to backup your iPhone! Just follow our step-by-step guide and get your data protected no matter what happens.
Below you will find the two most common methods for backup: via iCloud or iTunes.
iCloud is an included feature on every iPhone (with at least iOS 5). It will back up your iPhone’s data automatically, but first, you have to turn the feature on.
Turning on iCloud Backup:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Settings > iCloud > Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup if it isn’t already turned on.
- Make sure you are on a WiFi connection and tap Back Up Now
- Check your backup by tapping Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, and then select your device. You should see your latest backup listed.
The first 5GB of files with iCloud Backup are free. If you want more than 5GB of storage in your iCloud backup, you’ll have to pay Apple a monthly fee.
Backing up via iTunes to your computer is pretty straight forward. To backup using iTunes, you need the following:
- A computer (PC or Mac) running iTunes.
- Allow your iPhone to communicate with your computer — either through Wi-Fi or by connecting the devices with a USB cord.
Steps for iTunes Backup
- Open iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Click File > Devices > Backup or click “Backup Up Now” from Summary page.
For any other smartphone inquiries, check out our blog and or products.