How to sync your calendar from iPhone to Android?
Syncing your calendar entries from iPhone to Android is also extremely easy if you have been doing so regularly.
If you have been syncing your calendar with your Google account, you can transfer your calendar from iPhone to Android. Log in from the Google account in your new Android device, and your calendar is synced automatically.
You can also use your iCloud account to transfer your calendar entries to the new Android device.
1. Go to Settings > Your name > iCloud on your iPhone.
2. Toggle on Calendars.
3. Log in to iCloud website on your computer.
4. Click Calendar.
5. Click the Share Calendar button beside the desired calendar.
6. Tick on the Public Calendar checkbox and copy the sharing URL.
7. Paste the copied URL on a new tab of a browser.
8. Change the term webcal in the URL to http and press the Enter key. The web browser downloads a file with random characters. This file is a copy of your iCloud Calendar entries.
9. Save the file to a convenient folder.
10. Log in to Google Calendar in your web browser.
11. Click the plus button on the right of Other Calendars in the Google Calendar interface. Select the Import option.
12. Select the downloaded, exported calendar file.
13. Click the Import button to upload the downloaded file.
The imported entries are now listed in the Google Calendar web interface. Once you log in via this Gmail account, the new entries are also synced to your Android device.
How to transfer your photos and videos from iPhone to Android?
You can deploy many ways to transfer your precious photos from your iPhone to Android. You should follow the best approach to prevent the loss of your precious photos in the process of transferring them from iPhone to Android.
The conventional way of transferring photos and videos from iPhone to Android is to copy all your photos from the iPhone to a computer and transfer them to your new Android phone. This caveman approach works for sure, but it is the most time-consuming way to move your photos.
Google Photos app
You can use the iOS Google Photos app to effortlessly transfer your photos and videos from your old iPhone to your new Android phone.
1. Download the iOS Google Photos app.
2. Turn on the backup feature.
3. Connect to a Wi-Fi network to ensure that your photos are uploaded to your Google account with ease.
4. Download the Photos app on your new Android phone when all your photos from iPhone are uploaded.
5. Set up the Photos app on Android with the same Google account.
All your photos and videos are synced to your Google account automatically. You can use Google Photos syncing as a way to always save and update your photos/videos.
How to transfer music files from iPhone to Android?
You would also want to transfer your saved playlists or music to your Android account. There are several ways to do that too.
Assuming that you are using iTunes, make sure that you download any music that you have purchased. Since iTunes music and audio files are protected by DRM, you might need to use the Apple Music App, or some other third-party applications to transfer music to Android.
Apple Music App
Apple has released the Apple Music app for Android devices. Just like the iOS version, the app allows you to create your personalised playlists and purchase iTunes music. Apple Music app also allows you to download tracks for offline listening.
To enjoy Apple Music on Android devices:
1. Download and launch the Apple Music app.
2. Choose a membership plan.
3. Click Start Trial.
4. Click Use Existing ID. Enter the Apple ID and the password to log in. If you do not have an Apple account, click Create New Apple ID.
Now, you can easily enjoy your Apple Music on your Android devices, create personalised playlists, and download offline tracks.
Convert to MP3 and transfer to Android
Several Android devices do not support the Apple Music app. Hence, an alternative option to using the app is to convert Apple Music to MP3. Use one of the below-mentioned applications to convert iPhone music to MP3:
1. TuneFab Apple Music Converter
2. Apple Mac Soft
3. Sidify Apple Music Converter
How to transfer text messages from iPhone to Android?
Transferring text messages is a lot trickier than transferring photos or videos. Some people like to save precious text conversions intact and transfer them to their new smartphones. It is possible using the iSMS2droid app. This method might not necessarily work for everyone as it requires you to back up your SMS to iTunes and to dig around to find the right file to convert.
Another option is to use Samsung Smart Switch or Kies software to restore iPhone backup. Other premium software options allow you to copy text messages, contacts, photos, and call logs too. Some applications might work for you, while some might not. Regardless of the option you use, turn iMessage off before making the switch. If you don’t do so, your SMS and MMS messages might still go to your old iPhone if the sender is an iPhone user. Apple sends an iMessage instead of SMS or MMS when it detects that both devices are iOS.
To turn off iMessage:
1. Go to Settings > Messages.
2. Toggle iMessage off.
3. Go to Settings > Facetime and toggle iMessage off.